In this edition of the Affiliate Buzz, host James Martell comes to you live from the ShareASale Think Tank 2013 in sunny Denver, Colorado. James discusses the event, including how you can get an invitation to attend future events.
If you are looking for the opportunity to represent attentive affiliate managers, then you will not want to miss a second of this half-hour podcast. James introduces his lovely co-host, his wife Arlene. She is as eager as you are to learn who James has to recommend as she is back home in White Rock, BC!
It’s All About Building Relationships
Tune in to hear Arlene and James explain why the success to affiliate marketing is building personal relationships. Arlene gives specific examples of some of the many benefits that you will experience when you have a good relationship with your affiliate manager.
During this broadcast James shares specific affiliate merchants that you can team up to form a mutually beneficial relationship. Here is a list of the affiliates with links to their websites and names of the managers, where available.
- SleepyHeads (www.sleepyheads.com), a one-stop shop for all your sleepwear needs. You won’t want to miss hearing James share the code for 20% off the site through the end of 2013!
- The Cover Guy (Darrin Piercey and Jay Labelle at www.thecoverguy.com), which boasts high average sales, earnings-per-click, and more! Tune in to hear James share specific details and what he finds impressive about their affiliate program.
- Weebly (www.weebly.com), offers a high commission on relatively small orders for those looking for cloud software for building websites. Recommended by Joel and Karen Garcia of GTO Management (www.gtomanagement.com), James also recommends Weebly, especially for affiliates who appeal to small business owners looking to build their own website.
- BowlingShirt.com (www.bowlingshirt.com), is another that Joel and Karen recommend. This site offers “fun fads and fashions from the fabulous 50s”. James calls this opportunity a real sleeper, and you won’t want to miss Karen’s tips about why this opportunity offers so much potential.
- GoldenCAN (Asif at www.goldencan.com) offers a way to add data feed to your website from ShareASale and other merchants. James discussed with Asif the possibility of developing an entry-level course on data feeds for The School of Internet Marketing. More to follow on that.
- Fox Creek Leather (www.foxcreekleather.com) offers American-made leathers to last a lifetime. Another recommendation from Joel and Karen, you will not want to miss hearing James run through all the benefits from pairing with this merchant.
- MNX (http://www.mnx.com/), a company promoting an industry wide conference for new media. Tune in to hear James explain a bit more about this company as well as a ShareASale exclusive offer that you will not hear anywhere else!
- iBlog Magazine (www.iblogmagazine.com), for professional list of bloggers is another recommendation from Joel and Karen. James explains all the benefits of pairing with this merchant, and whether you are a female blogger or just work with them, you will not want to miss this opportunity.
- Mix My Own (David Phillippi at (www.mixmyown.com), a site that allows you to blend your own breakfast cereal from 100 ingredients to create your own unique, healthy foods.
- Fanatics (Wade at www.fanatics.com), a leading online retailer of officially licensed sports merchandise offering fans around the world to buy licensed gear regardless of where they are in the world. Scott Bibbs new “prebuilt site” (www.itisallaboutsports.com) is promoting many of the Fanatics products.
If you are looking for an Outsource Program Management (OPM) company, check out these recommendations that James shares during the podcast:
- AMWSO (Chris Sanderson at www.amwso.com) has been successfully bring together the needs of affiliates and merchants for nearly a decade.
- SmarterChaos (Matt Frary at www.smarterchaos.com) offers exceptional affiliate program marketing and management. Matt has an outstanding team waiting to promote your program.
- Andy Rodriguez Consulting (Andy at www.andyrodriguez.com), a program manager who combines and applies elements of trust, ethics, and conviction to share feedback with and from his affiliate sales force, allowing him to build and develop robust, long-lasting relationships. James suggests giving Andy a call directly at 888-931-ANDY.
- GTO Management (Joel and Karen Garcia at www.gtomanagement.com), provides a number of services to merchants with existing affiliate programs or looking to enter the affiliate marketing realm.
Why Think Tanks Are Prime Networking Opportunities
After sharing a bit about the merchants on display at the ShareASale Think Tank 2013 , James explains just what happens at a Think Tank event. After he got shuttled over and settled into the hotel, he enjoyed a nice dinner with other professionals.
ShareASale has 3900 merchants in their network, so the opportunity to network with them is not to be missed! If you are interested in attending a future event, James offers the following tips:
- where to learn about past ShareASale Think Tank events
- the best way to learn about future invitation-only ShareASale events
- how to get an invitation to these exclusive networking opportunities
- and more!
Finally you’ll hear James talk about his plans for after Think Tank wraps up. Next he is off to meet Matt Frary, the CEO and founder of SmarterChaos (www.smarterchaos.com) to gather up a list of more programs that can help you with your affiliate marketing campaign. Check back for the details about their discussion in a future episode!
And in the meantime if you have any questions or comments, visit the Affiliate Buzz Facebook page.